Sunday, October 21st, Day Forty-Seven
If you would like to join me in this journey from the beginning, start with Day One.
On Sunday, I:
- went to the early morning service and senior Sunday school meeting with my neighbor and her friend at a huge local church
- joined my neighbor and others for brunch in a restaurant in the retirement complex
- met interesting people
- drove to the rehab center
- visited my husband and played Monopoly with him
- read a devotional to my husband twice
- caught up two days of JV Life Tracker
- visited with the cook at the rehab center
- ate dinner with my husband
- visited my neighbor after driving home
- chatted with my friend and Mom in Utah on the phone that night
- put out the trash
- dropped into bed exhausted
Spiritually and socially, the day was a winner. My husband is improving. That was encouraging. Miraculously, I got through the weekend without gaining weight, even though I ate some sugary foods. I fasted between most of my meals, which I am sure helped.
I had lots of social support throughout the weekend and was on the go a lot. Lyft drivers offer social support, which is almost as good as a counseling session. Some of the drivers are more supportive than others, of course. They are typically not trained as counselors, but they have experience talking with people.
I have three main choices today. I can 1) stay home, 2) take a Lyft ride to the rehab center, or 3) drive there. If I drive, I need to stop and get gasoline as I am very low. If I were to rotate those three options, that may help me generate sufficient energy to function well. That way my husband would see me two of three days, and I would have time to rest up. The Lyft rides could get expensive. However, they would only be every three days, which I think I could do until my husband comes home.
That pattern will not work exactly because I cannot stay home Thursday, but I could stay home today and Wednesday, take a Lyft ride tomorrow, and possibly drive on Thursday. Let me see how my energy flows. Whoops, I cannot stay home all day today because my step-son is going to call me and meet me at a bank. I have not heard from him yet, so I do not know what his plans are in terms of exactly which branch and what time. I probably need to find my husband’s check book in preparation. There. I have it.
I have things to do today. I will write more.